Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Maid's 2nd day

Ernawati (or wati) wakes up before we do. I instructed her the night before to wake up at 6.30am. As I woke up at 8am, I am not sure what time she woke up. She tries to be helpful by putting HY's clothings into the machine to wash. I was impressed. But after that I noticed that the load was less than half full so I told her that I want her to put my clothes in to wash as well. But she did not follow. I think she does not understand me.. After the clothes were washed, I noticed that she did not include my clothes into the washing machine.
I repeated my instructions and use the translation application in my iphone to translate what i wanted to tell her in indonesian. I told her it is wasting of water if the load is not full. I told myself I should have demonstrated it to her by throwing my own clothes into the washing machine.

Next thing, hubby discovered a slice of half eaten bread in the toilet bowl. So I questioned Wati about it. She told me she dropped it into the toilet bowl accidentally and kept apologising profusely. She said she wanted to bring the laundry basket with unwashed clothes into the toilet.
I know she was lying. But i let it go as it is her second day and told her not to do it again and it is very wasteful to throw away food. She should just take enough for her breakfast and finish her breakfast or meals in the kitchen before doing her chores. I reminded her to remember my instructions.
I told hubby that i will expose her if she were to lie to me again.

I know I need to be patient with her but I will watch her closely from now on and correct her mistakes immediately.

Oh yes, HY saw Wati last night. He is fearful of her even though she tries to be friendly and wanted to carry him. He clinged onto me.

I will be patient with Wati and see how things goes as I am a first time employer of a maid.

No comments:

Post a Comment